I’m quite the avid snowbarder. I had a fantastic season in ’06. ’07 looks like it would be good if we can get some snow. As of January 14th, Dodge Ridge had about 16″ base, 22″ on the back and 36″ on top. <sigh> Anyway, here’s my obligatory Ski Resorts & Manufacturer link list.
01/19/07 — This list is updated as of 9:03am today
Some of the Resorts I’ve Skiied / Snowboarded
- Dodge Ridge — near Sonora, CA. “The Closest Snow To Home” – meaning the closest snow to Modesto and the Central Valley. This is my "home" resort.
- Heavenly Valley — in Tahoe, CA. The only SOUTH shore resort with a view of Lake Tahoe! It IS heaven-ly!
- Northstar At Tahoe — in Tahoe, CA. Provides a great look of the lake from the north side. Great terrain and nice views. Best terrain parks in Tahoe.
- Sierra At Tahoe — near Tahoe, CA. This small, out of the way resort truly IS one of the best kept secrets of the Sierra. Great terrain, good snow, and a great environment.
- Alpine Meadows — Once a Skier-only playground, Alpine has some of the steepest and deepest in Tahoe.
- Blackcomb Mountain — In Whistler, BC, Canada. By FAR the LARGEST resort I’ve been to. It’s also known for the top ratings it gets every year!
- Steamboat — in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. This is where I learned how successfully surf powder; catch, land, and ride away from getting airborne; and rode halfpipe for the first time.
- Kirkwood — Kirkwood. Just awesome! The HIGHEST elevation of any California resort, with the deepest snowpack!
- Bear Valley Ski Area — Just outside of Angels Camp, CA. “The Best Kept Secret Of The Sierras”. (Yeah, Right!) Now I’m not saying to stay away from Bear – I’ve just had bad ski days BOTH times I was there…
I also thought I’d list a few manufacturer pages here…
- K2 Snowboards — K2 Snowboards. The maker of some of the best boards I’ve ridden.
- Ride Snowboards — Boards and Bindings. I have a pair of Ride bindings on my board.
- Vans — Vans. Makers of fine shoes and boots.
- Burton Snowboards — I’m not fond of Burton’s boards, but their clothing is cool, and so is this website.
- Columbia Sportswear — These guys make great all-weather gear. Check out their Convert Board Wear.
Miscellaneous Ski & Snowboard Links
- OnTheSnow.com — Fount this site looking for conditions. It’s definitely worth a look.
- GoSki.com — Another good resort resource.
- TransWorld Snowboarding — Transworld Magazine’s snowboarding site.
- NAC Ski.com — NAC Ski has ski busses every weekend from the SF Bay Area to various Lake Tahoe resorts. Well worth the cost if what my friend have to say about it is correct.